Our Employees Are Our Most Valuable Assets
We are a growing service and technology innovator, seeking talented and motivated professionals to deliver lean and effective solutions to our government partners.
In addition to our compensation benefits, we are committed to providing a challenging growth environment, creating opportunities for dedicated professionals to advance their careers. Because we are small and agile, there is a great opportunity to grow with the company.
Kitty Hawk Technologies, a growing service and technology innovator, is seeking talented and motivated professionals to deliver lean and effective solutions to our government partners. We have an immediate opening for a Mid-level Systems Engineer to join our team. This position will provide an opportunity to develop the innovative technology that supports some of our nation’s most important defense initiatives. Kitty Hawk employees work closely with our customers to develop solutions that support national engineering and security missions and the ideal candidate will support our team in providing program support to the Program Executive Office, Integrated Warfare Systems program office. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and employee benefits, the Mid-level Engineer will join a motivated, talented, and technically accomplished team. The employee will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
Candidates must be result oriented and have the ability to work in a well-organized, logical and systematic manner. They will set clear objectives, monitor progress, take corrective action and control performance levels to maintain high internal customer satisfaction. They will possess deep insight into customer requirements, and will maintain the ability to ethically influence those requirements. They will be able to clearly define and clearly articulate compelling solutions, and will require an ability to quickly assimilate and apply complex technical information.
- This Mid-level Engineer position requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering or a technical field or the equivalent experience with at least 1 to 5 years of related work experience.
- A Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at the time of hire, with the potential attainment of Top Secret.
- The candidate should be motivated and self-starting, with the ability and desire to work independently to evaluate options, concepts, and alternatives in a timely fashion.
- Experience in the development of Navy and Missile Defense weapons systems
- Experience in preparing and/or assessing modeling & simulation approaches to satisfy the war fighter’s requirements through the application and integration of technology, operating concepts, and performance assessment.
- Coordinate Navy AAW and BMD M&S requirements and analyses utilizing the EADSIM tool to effectively analyze the effects of performance trades, analysis of alternatives, and force and test laydowns.
- Experience in strategic test planning, to include the derivation of test objectives and measures of performance.
- Understanding of the systems engineering process and its lifecycle, and the role of VV&A in the overall process.
- Experience with and understanding of complex radar, combat, and missile systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, at a senior level.